If you have been struggling with a hearing condition for some time, you may have already done some window shopping for hearing devices. These assistive devices have come a long way from the bulky contraptions of decades past, and now come equipped with computers, wireless options, and even remote controls. With so many hearing aids to choose from, how can you possibly choose which one is right for you?
At Audiologic Associates of Santa Barbara, our hearing care providers carefully match each patient with his or her ideal device, taking care to address specific hearing needs and goals. Our hearing aid fitting services are performed by licensed audiologists who take the time to make sure your hearing aid fits comfortably and is programmed to your exact specifications. Call us today to make an appointment with one of our specialists.
We Customize Our Digital Hearing Aids to Suit Your Lifestyle
Many of our patients have changed their lives to accommodate hearing loss. Your hearing aid should adapt to your surroundings rather than force you to adapt to different environments. Our hearing care professionals will talk to you about your daily life and habits to get a clear picture of your needs and the kinds of activities that a hearing aid can improve. Based on your preferences, we will help you select a hearing device, perform a computerized fitting for proper amplification, and ensure that you are happy with your selection.
We offer a full range of Widex devices and other top-of-the-line digital hearing aids, allowing you to choose the device that suits you best. Our audiology staff will guide you through the many different models of hearing aid devices, including:
- Behind-the-Ear (BTE) devices. The most popular type of hearing aid is a BTE model, which sits behind the ear and is connected to a small receiver inside the ear with plastic tubing or thin wire. These devices are easy to handle and have external volume and program controls, and usually offer the most power.
- In-the-Ear (ITE) devices. These hearing aids are smaller than BTE devices, and are encased in a single molded plastic device that sits inside the ear bowl. They are visible to the naked eye, but come in a variety of colors to match skin tone and reduce visibility.
- In-the-Canal (ITC) devices. ITC hearing aids fit inside the ear canal rather than the ear bowl. These devices are custom molded to fit the patient’s ear exactly, and only the outer portion is visible.
- Completely-in-the-Canal (CIC) devices. The smallest hearing devices on the market, these devices sit completely inside the wearer’s ear canal and are adjusted with a remote control so they do not need to be removed to make adjustments.
Our Hearing Aid Services Help You Hear Life More Clearly
Once you have adjusted to life with a hearing aid, you will need to maintain the device to ensure that it is working properly. If your device is not delivering the best possible sound, our team can identify the problems and work to correct them as quickly as possible. Our services include:
- Replacing worn or damaged parts, including wax filters, tubing, and batteries
- Hearing aid evaluations for people whose prescriptions may have changed
- Computerized diagnostic testing to check if the device is working properly
- Reprogramming or updating your device
- Altering the fit of your device to prevent discomfort and feedback
- Custom earmolds for hearing aids and earplugs for swimming and hearing protection
- Professional cleaning of your device to remove ear wax and debris
- Basic maintenance and repair services on broken devices
- Offering additional hearing aid batteries and accessories to add to your listening experience
Contact Our Hearing Aid Specialists in Santa Barbara or Solvang
We have two convenient locations in southern California, ensuring that patients do not have to travel far to restore the hearing they have lost. A hearing aid can be a significant investment and we accept many types of insurance and payment methods to allow you to get the treatment you need at a price you can afford. Call the number on this page or fill out our online form to make an appointment in our Santa Barbara or Solvang offices today!